The following guidelines must be adhered to if you wish to be considered for promotion
For Black stripes:
- To attend minimum regular training, plus extra classes with different Instructors in your area.
- Should concentrate and focus on their training and practise at home.
- Need to have a positive helpful attitude, assisting in the class to aid personal development.
- Learn that whatever day you've had, you're always upbeat and positive in class.
- Should have good technical knowledge, good etiquette and an above average fitness level.
- 100% effort is a must at this level.
For 1st Degrees:
- Regular training must be maintained at all times.
- Becoming a 1st Degree does not give you the right to 'Lord it up' over fellow students. In fact humility is key.
- Understand that everybody is different, and should always treat people with respect and courtesy.
- Re- inforcing the 100% effort required at each session as you are now considered as a role model.
- Need to have a greater understanding of all techniques learnt.
- Improving your knowledge and gaining experience by attending seminars.
- Various courses, i.e. assistant instructors, first aid and umpires should be considered. Help at gradings and demonstrations is actively encouraged.
For 2nd Degrees:
- Necessary attendance at tournaments to assist.
- Improved technique and understanding.
- Must have a presence at activities such as gradings and demonstrations.
- More knowledge of philosophy and history.
- Continue with qualifications i.e. Instructors and referees courses.
- More responsibility in the class.
For 3rd Degrees:
- Being involved in teaching and having a willing attitude to teach and pass on knowledge.
- Expected to support and attend Integrity events, never think of it as a chore.
For 4th Degrees:
- To help at camps.
- Visible support for Integrity.
- Be an ambassador for Integrity rather than just at club level.
- Have emotional maturity.
- Not to be selfish in your own training, in other words improving other students ability is just as important as your own.
- Have a spirit of giving and understanding to others.
- Should be known by their presence.
For 5th Degrees and above:
- Living and breathing Taekwon-Do/Kickboxing and it's philosophies.
- To be approachable.
- To be a source of inspiration.
- To continue learning and passing knowledge to others.
These are guidelines to help you grow in Taekwon-Do/Kickboxing. Without these guidelines Martial arts and indeed Integrity will not be able to grow and be passed on through the future generations.